Update: March 23, 2020
The health and well-being of the residents are our highest priorities at Legend Senior Living. In response to the recent cases of Covid-19 (novel coronavirus) being reported across the United States, we are implementing the following policies company-wide in all communities for the protection of residents, staff and visitors:
- No visitors will be admitted to the residences until further notice, including personal, in-community tours for new prospective residents.
- No visits through windows or doors are allowed.
- Limited visitation exceptions in extreme or emergency cases must be approved by the Resident Director. Approved visitors must pass screening to be admitted.
- Health care providers, including home health, private duty, nursing services, physicians, physical therapy and hospice staff will be admitted once they have passed our entry screening. Veterinarians are not considered essential health care providers.
- Entry screening includes not having a temperature above 99.1 or showing signs of breathing difficulty or cough. In addition, they will not be allowed entry if they have been in close contact with a person testing positive for Covid-19; have traveled internationally or been on a cruise in the past 14 days; are under the age of 18; or are unwilling to sign the Entry Log and abide by our protocols for entry.
- Except to receive essential medical care, residents must remain on community grounds. On their return, they will be screened and asked to wash their hands. Staff will sanitize walkers and wheelchairs.
- Residents who live in cottages are not permitted into the main community buildings.
- Resident deliveries will be accepted outside of the building by an associate.
- All remodeling, construction and outside maintenance work is cancelled, except in work areas that may be accessed without entry to the community. Exceptions will be made for emergency repairs, such as plumbing or electrical, in which case the vendor must pass the same screening required of all others.
- If you have any questions about the policies now in place, please ask at the front desk of the community.
Effective March 23, 2020: To slow the potential spread of coronavirus within our communities, we have implemented in-apartment dining and cancelled all group life enrichment activities. Residents will be delivered three meals a day, snacks and hydration and engage in 1-on-1 activities. Residents still have plenty of opportunities throughout the day to leave their apartment including to do laundry, walk their dog and get some fresh air in the courtyard.